Top 5 FREE Best Code Editors for Windows
Regularly we get some queries about what is the best code editor for Windows? So you can use any plain text editor, for example, Notepad, however, there are better editors out there with more features like code syntax highlighting, color scheme, code formatting, advanced find and replace and so on. In this article, I will explain you the best code editors accessible for Windows users.
Read This For Top 10 Most Important WordPress Plugins for FREE
So let’s get started:
Eclipse is a Java-based open source platform that allows a software developer to create a customized development environment (IDE) from plug-in components built by Eclipse members. Eclipse is managed and directed by the Eclipse.org Consortium.
It includes tools made to give developers the freedom of choice in a multi-language, multiplatform, and multi-vendor environment. By collaborating and exploiting core integration technology, tool producers can leverage platform reuse and concentrate on core competencies to create new development technology.
3. Sublime Text
Sublime Text is a super fast and feature-packed text editor. If you are going to be coding regularly you want to try this amazing editor (IDE).
Some of the Features of Sublime Text:
- Multiple cursors: Once you have discovered multiple cursors you won’t want to work without them anymore. As the name suggests they let you write or edit in multiple places in a document at the same time.
- Vintage mode: Vim keyboard shortcuts will work just like in the original Vim editor. To use them, all you need to do is to enable vintage mode.
- Lightning fast: This is the fastest code editor you will find right now.
- Command Pallet: A great feature that allows you to reach about all functions of the editor via the keyboard. You will hardly use your mouse and thus code more efficiently.
Atom is a cross-platform code editor created by developers for developers. It is open source, and much like WordPress, Atom users can submit packages and themes for the software. It looks pretty and you can change the appearance by installing themes.
Some of the features of Atom:
- Cross-Platform editing
- Built-in package manager
- Smart autocompletion
- File system browser
- Multiple panes
- Advanced Find and Replace
UltraEdit is a cross-platform and powerful Code editor available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. It comes with a built-in file comparison utility, autocompletion, advanced layout, multi-tab, multi-pane editors, and syntax highlighting for the most popular programming languages.